Sunday, May 2, 2010

PTL for cousins with internet on their phones

While perusing Facebook today, I clicked through some pics that had just been added of my younger sister, Meg. The pics were of a bachelorette party she'd attended the night before. Now, Meg is a good girl. No really, she's a really, really good girl. Super sweet to the point your teeth hurt from her sugary goodness, she truly cares about living her life in a way to wholly please her Savior.

At some point they during the bachelorette party, there were some pink plastic penises attached to some kind of feathery head gear passed around. And, someone snapped a picture with Meg holding said head gear. And that someone posted it onto Facebook this morning. And tagged it with Meg's name. Surprise!

Now, Meg is not wearing the head gear. Nope, Meg has each hand wrapped around a pink plastic penis, like some kind of weird, fetish-y video game device. The expression on Meg's face states clearly, "What am I doing with this? Why did you hand this to me? Let me make some weird cute face so that people don't know how uncomfortable I really am." (Being Meg's sis, I am well versed in reading her expressions.)

So, while Meg is in church, and I am catching up on facebook while skipping church because of getting in late the night before (I do go), I find this photo. I quickly text Meg as well as sending her a facebook message, not judging her (hey, it was a party, she's an adult), but knowing she would DIE if anyone were to see that picture and get the wrong idea.

A couple hours later, I get a FRANTIC phone call from Meg. "I just got out of church and I have to go to a baptism and I just got your message and I had NO IDEA someone took a picture of me holding that thing and would you PLEASE logon for me and remove the tag! Please!"

I assured Meg I would take care of it ASAP. However, I was out grocery shopping with my older sister, Nell, and after looking at her list, it seemed she still had quite a bit of shopping to do.

Now comes the cousin to the rescue.

I immediately called my cousin, Susan, who just happens to be one of the coolest people in the world, explained the situation, and asked if she was closer to the internet than I was. "No problem. I have internet on my phone. I'll call you back when I've untagged everything. I've had to do this for Christi (her sister) before."

Five minutes later, the job was done, hopefully before any damage was done.

I think she'll think twice before grabbing any naughty bits (even if they are fake made of pink plastic) when there are cameras around.

No comments:

Post a Comment