Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!!

DSCN0556

I love you and I miss you and I hope this day is the best! I am so glad God gave us to each other!

Blessings to you and upon you from our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Some selections from Proverbs 31, picked especially for you!

17She girds herself with strength
And makes her arms strong.

Your biceps are amazing! You work so hard and you aren’t afraid to work hard. I hope, hope, hope that I am able to follow in your footsteps and not be so lazy.

20She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.

You understand true generosity and you long to show Christ’s kindness to all in very tangible ways.

25Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
26She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
27She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
28Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
29"Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all."
30Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.

‘Nuff said.

Thank you, Lord, for my mom.

p.s. My mom, today after reading "Vomit Comet", suggested I add the word classy to my title as well. Classy Arkansassy Lassie-- it does have a certain tongue-in-cheek ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment