Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oh, oh, oh…

And that isn’t an excited “Oh!”

That is an “I think I might barf ‘Oh.’”

Why?  Why do I want to barf you ask me?

Because I just signed up for match.com, and I got my first email from someone. 

Hi cuttie...
your profile and beautiful smile is still catching my attention, I also like your hair.
I got very interested in you when i read your profile. I stay in Madison, Wisconsin but in UK now on a business trip. Am a simple and fun loving person, guess we can make it so I will need to search no further.I have an only daughter.She is 16 years old.
Once again i must say your smile and pretty face is so captivating.

(Is this breaking the rules by posting this?)

No, I’m not feeling barfy because I’m offended by anything he says.  He likes my hair and finds me captivating.  That’ll make a girl feel special.   Although knowing that he’s 51 and has a 16 y.o. daughter and that he thinks we can make it so he doesn’t need to look any further (totally ignoring the fact that I might need to look further) does make me pause.

I’m just feeling barfy because I’m putting myself out there, and it is a very uncomfortable situation.   Barfy because I realized I really care about how well people spell (“It’s cutie!  With one t.  Okay?”)  Barfy because I just don’t like this and I don’t know the rules.   Do I email the guy above back letting him know I’m not interested?  Or can I just ignore it?

And yes, barfy, because, c’mon, am I going to have creepy people sending me messages?  Did I just open myself up to a whole new realm of uncomfortable situations with people weirder than I am?  Blecch.

No comments:

Post a Comment